Cooking vegetarian meals is good for the environment. Making those recipes zero waste is even better. Sophia Hampton (@FarmtoDorm) is an NYU freshmen doing her best to showcase sustainable eats around the city and sharing recipes from her dorm room.
Ingredients: Carrot Tops, Radish Tops, 5 basil leaves, Half avocado, Olive Oil, Lemon, Salt 10 Minutes- Easy
- Put the green carrot tops from one bunch of carrots and the green leafy part from one bunch of radishes in a food processor/blender.
- Add 5 basil leaves (optional).
- Scoop in the flesh of half an avocado.
- Add a handful (1/4 cup-ish) of walnuts, and 2 tbs of almond butter (or almonds).
- Turn the food processor on and drizzle in olive oil until it starts to turn into pesto (about 1/2 cup).
- Add the juice from half a lemon and a tsp salt.
Taste it and decide if you want to add anything else. Once you’ve decided your pesto is the besto, put it in a jar. Use it throughout the week on everything from quinoa to eggs.